| The view from our hotel window |
We've only been in Vietnam for two (three?) days, and I already love it. I might be crazy, but I even kind of like the weather here. Even watching outside the window is really interesting because everything is so different. Everyone rides motorbikes here, and when we ride in the car seatbelts aren't necessary because they drive so much more slowly. Unfortunately, the traffic is also super heavy and crossing the street is scary in itself.
Rules for Crossing the Street
1. Don't stop.
2. Walk slowly.
3. Don't try to avoid others, they'll avoid you.
| Pho |
Seems like everything here is more exciting than Portland :)
We went to the grocery store a couple of days ago to get some fruit for some gift baskets, and it was fun to see all the different foods. Karishma, I saw those little jelly things you have at lunch, and Rachel K, I saw some choco-pies and thought of you ;) They had little mini-bananas, a lot of dragonfruit and guavas. Their tangerines and oranges are green!
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being named an "orange?"
I'm happy to hear you learned how to cross the road safely. Now I don't need to worry about you so much! ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're having a fun and interesting time!
Miss ya,
Michelle S.