Sorry, I'm so behind...
About, three days ago we went to the market. It's really intense in there :)
We walked around and looked at all the different things they had. The inner circle is owned individually, while the outside ring is owned by the government. Neither of us knew how to barter with people, and it wasn't really my mom's style, so we played it safe and went around the outside ring most of the time, until we finally decided to go through one of the little narrow alleyways between all the sellers, just because. Experience, right?
Inside the alleyway, everyone is grabbing you and trying to get you to buy their things. "I have your size!" "What do you want?" "I have what you need!" We made it most of the way through, before my mom picked up a little friend ;)
There's some sellers who will do anything to get you to buy their items. A little eight-year old girl came up to us and said "Fans, only $1!" We said no, but she followed us through the market, saying things like "But you be hot if you don't buy! If you don't buy, you very heartless. You must buy!" She even threw in some foot-stomping and fake-crying for good measure. She was very persistent...
Until my mom cracked! And bought the fan! The little girl skipped away, all happy. Plus, my mom bought a fan with a cutout design in it. So it doesn't even work. Nice.
Hahaha I like this story :)
ReplyDelete